Thursday, July 19, 2012

So many forts to build, so little time...




I've been eagerly waiting for this post.  I've become a fort 'collector'.  My girls love to create forts and they become pretty elaborate a lot of the time...sporting multiple rooms, luxurious bedding and there are even 'themed' forts as well.  What fascinates me about my daugthers' fort making?  Well, because no two forts are the same.  Every single one is different.  Each one takes vision and resourcefulness.  And they are just seriously fun, too.  In order of appearance, then, I present....

1)  A multi-roomed fort utlizing the couch cushions, our favorite Land of Nod blanket and even special battery operated tea lights to set the mood.  My favorite part of this fort is that there are two rooms, but they spent the whole time together in one room :)

2)  This fort used a Princess sheet tied to the bedposts of Z's bed.  She then put a broom straight up toward the headboard to give more head room.  She decided that this tent was the meeting place of a new 'Bible Club' they she and Little P and I were going to form.  So, she and little P looked through a picture Bible in there for a while.

3)  This one was made using black folding chairs and several sheets.  This fort gave Z the most angst because the chairs are slippery and the sheets kept falling off.  But, like you can see in the pictures, they still managed to have a blast.

4)  A 'retro' moment (OK, it's only a year old).  This is the girls first documented fort together.  It's our favorite orange blanket and Z's bedspread flung over Little P's freestanding Johnny Jump up. 

By the way, there's currenty a fort still standing in Z's room.  It is a special one connected to her bed.  She informed me tonight that one room is for Daddy and I and one is for her and Little P.  We'll find a fun way to enjoy this newest creation tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the fort. I can remember many my brothers and I built as kids. A good use of some pillows and blankets.

    ReplyDelete