Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Reading Nook


OK everyone -- I must now confess to you that I do not sew, knit or do much else in the 'tactile' creative arena.  I did attempt to crochet once but the blanket turned out a bit diagonal...this information is important to understand this post because this is one of the first things I've actually 'made' for Z.  I wanted her to have her own little reading nook.  I looked on Pinterest and found some ideas.  This princess 'tent' was created from a giant embroidery hook, some pretty pink rope and presewn drapes from the craft store.  And voila!  I did this in about a half hour one night at too late an hour, of course!  This weekend, we installed it and also put at the pillow beneath a bunch of blankets inside a cover that my mom sewed out of this memaid princess fabric.  So, it's like a giant dog pillow -- but cushier and small human sized :)  Apparently it felt very 'reading nookish' to Z because she picked up a book and promptly became engrossed.  Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment